It is very convenient that using volume shortcut to adjust volume, the multi function keyboard has volume up, volume down, mute key on it, however there is no specific volume function key on most of common keyboard.
Is there a way to adjust volume on the common keyboard? The windows os doesn't provide an easy way to setup volume hotkey, but using the keyboard remapping tool KeyExtender, you can assign keyboard volume shortcut easily.
Only 5 steps to assign keyboard shortcut volume in Windows 7/Xp/Vista.
- Download and install KeyExtender
- Execute the hotkey assignment tool
- Press an idle key(like Page Up) not used frequently in the left box
- Select Volume Up/Volume Down in the right
- Click Change to add the shortcut and then Active.
When you press Page Up, the volume will be up/down, and you would see a volume bar which shows the current volume value.
The software support Windows series OS, including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
You may be interested with related articles:
How to lock keyboard in Windows 7 and XP