There are some default keyboards shortcuts in Winnows XP/7 , as lo many software has their built-in shortcuts. They allow you to execute certain functions with just a couple of keystrokes.
However, Is there a way to configure keyboard shortcuts in Windows XP/7 or other software? To configure keyboard buttons to make the keyboard layout more suitable for oneself.
Configure keyboard shortcuts easily with keyboard tool
You can try to use the function key remapping software KeyExtender which help you configure keyboard keys easily and quickly. You can use KeyExtender to
- Configure keyboard buttons. You can change a key on the keyboard to any other one
- Configure keyboards keys to perform some macro, like turn off monitor, type text, etc.
- Download and install KeyExtender
- Run the keyboard keys configure software
- Press a key you need to configure in the left box
- Select another key or function in the right box
- Click Change and then Active.
In the screenshot bellow, when you press 'A', it will type '5'; when you press F6, it will turn up the volume, and press F8 to launch a specified file/application.
With KeyExtender, you can configure keyboard buttons to make it a multifunction one.
The tool supports Windows series OS, including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
You may be interested with related articles:
How to lock keyboard in Windows 7 and XP