When you are away from your computer for a while, you may want to turn off monitor to save power.
Press the power button of monitor is not convenient enough, setup a keyboard shortcut to turn off monitor is a good choice, click one hotkey to achieve.
The Windows 7 / Xp doesn't provide a shortcut to turn off monitor, However, you can use the hotkey assignment tool KeyExtender to configure turn off monitor shortcut easily.
- Download and install KeyExtender
- Execute the hotkey assignment software
- Press a key(like F4) in the left input box
- Select Turn off monitor in the right dropdown box
- Click Change to add the shortcut and Active.
When you press F4, the monitor will be turned off, of course, you can use any other hotkey to turn off monitor. You may be also interested with volume shortcut in Windows 7.
The software support Windows series OS, including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
You may be interested with related articles:
How to lock keyboard in Windows 7 and XP